Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Why?

Why, America? Why'd you do it? I put my hope in you, and you let me down. It was the Backlash wasn't it? I told you not to hang around with those creepy right-wing kids. I said they were always running around talking about, "God," and, "the average man," but always walked corporate.

Seriously, what has happened to us? Look at that swath from the north-west to the south of Republican-ness; what the hell? These areas used to be the bastions of progressivism (Populism, anyone?) and now they're conservative wacks trying to kill homosexuals and destroy women's rights.


//"Wanna hear a Joke?"
"Sure."
"'Womens' Rights.'"
And the sad part: it's slowly coming to be the truth.//

How did a majority of people in this country decide we were better off known commodity? I mean, does this make sense: sticking with something you know about it? It's like, "well, this pen is all out of ink, but I'll keep writing with it anyway because it might turn out that there's some in there."

I think what it came down to is something a simple as Kerry's message was too complex; people just got turned off by it.

Oh well, this may cheer some of you up. Or just depress the hell out of you.

Best of luck, we'll need it.

-Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home