Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Fades and Hooks

Retro stuff and nostalgia confuses me. Well, I should correct that: 80's retro from people my age confuses me. I guess I dont really understand the appeal of a culture we were too young to know anything about.

Nostalgia, though, that's the big, what what wha? To me: nostalgia is looking back at things in the past and desiring to be back in those times. I guess I find few things more depressing than someone who is so disatisfied with their current life that they would go back to a previous point in their life.

It's going to sound more cynical than it really is, but nostalgia just strikes me as a good prelude to killing yourself.

I've been a little terse lately, lack of time has been the biggest factor. I love midterms

I'm also exceedingly proud of this. Not my work, that credit belongs to Xopl, but it's my baby.

-Thomas

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

I've had to wait for the comments to work to say this, but here goes:

Get off it, Tom. You love nostalgia as much as the next guy. Freakazoid? Sega Genesis? Truck Turner? Pure nostalgia baby. Nostalgia does not imply something that you like simply because you knew of it when you were young and in actuality it sucks. Nostalgia rules, and you know it.

1:48 PM, March 12, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

No, things that were awesome can still be awesome, but that doesn't mean I want to go back to the days all that shit was readily available. For me: enojoying old shit and thinking it's the greatest (nostalgia) is bad.

-Thomas

2:17 PM, March 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home