Saturday, February 19, 2005

Zeal is No Excuse

"Dim lights, got a brand new distraction."
-A Whisper in the Noise
I've been sleeping and studying a lot lately.

I hate when people get really excited about something, especially when it's me. For example:

"HOLY FUCK!!! [Band Name] IS PLAYING AT [Venue] AND IT'S [Time]!!!"

or

"NEW EPISODES OF [Television Program]? OHMYMOTHERFUCKINGCHRIST YOU HAVE TO TAPE IT FOR ME!!!"

I'm just as much of a perpetrator of this horrible crime, but it's still one of the most irritating things in the world. I guess it's just bizarre because I don't understand how we can love something so much as to become screaming banshees of joy. I always want to say something like, "oookay, let's calm the fuck down now," but I know I've done the same thing so I just keep my hypocriticalness to myself.

I suppose it's my hatred of zealotism. Religious zealotism, political zealotism, or personal zealotism (i.e. personality worship) strikes me as dangerous and detrimental to the safety and individual freedoms of other people. Why this transfers to pop-culture, I'm not too sure.

Maybe I'm paranoid... Maybe.... But that's not something I'd ever tell you... people; you'd use it against me.

-Thomas

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. You know you love the zeal that I have for the cult of Thomas-personality.

8:04 PM, February 19, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

No, I love getting free crap for doing nothing.

-Thomas

10:34 AM, February 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home