Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Fuck Potatoes

I'm a Bio-Based Products Marketing and Management major. Basically a renaming and refocussing of the business-centered part of the Wood and Fiber Science major program. This means I'm in sweet classes talking about the properties of wood and in particular identifying wood (I'm not kidding, this is interesting to me). One particular type of cedar - Alaskan Yellow Cedar, if you must know - looks and smells exactly like raw potatoes.

This isn't a big deal, it makes it easy to identify (and when your tests are, "here's a bag full of wood, tell me what each piece is," that's sweet), but it has made me hate potatoes. The thing is: I used to like potatoes a lot, but for some reason smelling them every week for hours on end has made me not too keen on eating them baked, mashed, or scalloped; predictably fried varients are okay.

I hate getting tired/sick of things. What a great psychological mechanism. Hey! I really like this, but, oh, wait, no, it's boring. I guess it'd be nice if some things were immune; especially the trinity of: food, sex, and masturbation. I guess the last two are kind of the same, but I'm going to pretend they're not and if you think otherwise, then you can just be wrong.

Thankfully, I don't work in a chicken soup factory.

-Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home