Thursday, September 08, 2005

In Defense of Antics

Apparently that, "flag blog," bull actually works, who would have thought that I could press, "next blog," again and again and get no spam blogs. Truly a fine day.

I'm sitting in the computer lab I'm supposed to have a two-hour night class in (first day and the professor is only 1/2 an hour late). While I would normally just skip town on these sorts of occasions, I am sitting in a high-speed computer lab, which is an improvement over my current residential computer situation (currently non-existent). So, because I am bored and trying to waste time on the internet, I'm here.

I mentioned - or I meant to, anyway; I'm too lazy to check to see if I did - that there were antics this summer, much antics. Antics are difficult to describe, but I guess the best way to think about them is reckless fun that harms nobody. Urban Frisbee Golf is a good example.

Urban Frisbee Golf involves grabbing crappy Frisbees and going to a dead major metropolitan area. In this case downtown Saint Paul, but really any place with tall buildings that shuts down at about 5:00 PM is a good option. Go there at midnight and throw said Frisbees at designated targets, just as you would in a golf game.

Like I said, antics. The reason I bring up antics is many don't understand or support antics, something I just can't comprehend. Antics, by definition, harm nobody. All they can really do is embarrass their practitioner and that shouldn’t be a reason to disapprove of such an enjoyable set of activities.

Reckless behavior, my friends, wild abandon unleashed from your soul, that tears through your preconceived notions of what is socially acceptable. Playing leap-frog at a concert? Do it. Going onto a bridge and screaming with others? Do it. Bowling cream soda bottles with an old car tire? Do it now.

Partake in antics as often as possible, trust me, you'll feel better for it.

-Thomas

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, sir, are a modern-day prophet.

9:31 AM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Ummm... Thanks, oh Anony.

-Thomas

9:52 AM, September 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome, O TKwong.

1:41 PM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Noah? Name yourself, damnit.

-Thomas

2:44 PM, September 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home