Friday, January 14, 2005

Negative, Negative, Negative

Editor's Note: Before this post begins, I should note that it was originally much longer and posted much sooner, but blogger decided to eat my post instead of posting it, so you are left with the bare bones, the generl concept of what was other an awesome rant of a post.

Evangelical Christianity confuses me (well, extremist religious beliefs of any kind do, but I'm cranky about this at the moment). What baffles me the most is the idea of an, "Anti-Christ." I mean, is this thing set upon creating an anti-salvation, barring the way your heaven?

That would be a very literal interpretation and to take that analysis further: if a Christ's job is to not only to lead the people to heaven, but also to be an example for behavior, does the Anti-Christ serve a bad example and an attempt to tempt you away from heaven? Moreover, doesn't Christianity already have a figure to fill this role? The devil must be pretty peeved at all us choice proponent/pre-marital sex fan/pro-homosexual equailty folks taking his thunder.

-Thomas

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm the Anti-Christ.

What's my motivation?

That's the part I don't get.

4:08 PM, January 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home