Monday, February 14, 2005

Useless Wooden Toys

I am prone to things that are technically childish. I watch cartoons, I play video games, and I randomly make snow balls and throw them at things (e.g. signs, fences, trees, parked cars, wooden statues that litter the Minnesota State Fair grounds). In truth, I feel slightly guilty that I never grew out of hurling snowy projectiles at inanimate objects. I mean, I don't really know anyone else my age that scoops up snow compacts it and flings, with questionable accuracy, it things randomly.

Well, I should say I feel guilty when someone else sees me doing it; otherwise it is one of the greatest things ever. I long for the days when I could pull together a snow ball fight and not feel wierd.

Really, society's designation of certain activites as childish has always troubled me. On one hand, it makes a lot of sense, I'm more okay with a four-year-old vomiting on my pants than I am some random person at a party. On the other, the things like aciton figures and legos are shunned by society and while I can find some understanding there, it seems bizzarre that we would limit ourselves so.

Then again, this is the same place that decries sex as naughty and evil.

-Thomas

4 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

Man, I still have snowball fights and prove my poor accuracy by throwing snow at random shit. I love cartoons and cereal is high on my list of high-class delectables. In fact, just last night I was caught putting my shirt over a fan and pretending I had a big belly. Fuck society if they can't appreciate that.

Dude, you and me, we're Toys 'R Us kids.

1:35 PM, February 15, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

I knew I could count on you. DART GUN WAR!

Dude, has your email died?

-Thomas

9:04 PM, February 15, 2005  
Blogger MC Harv said...

I guess... Do we know what we're playing? I don't want this turning into another Highland...

10:25 AM, February 16, 2005  
Blogger ssas said...

legos rock.

11:26 PM, February 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home