Saturday, April 02, 2005

Spitfire

Yesterday, I gave tickets to a guy with the name, "Boes," (pronounced: bOws, like bow and arrow). However, it turns out its really pronounced bAse, as in the guitar or location not the fish, and means, "evil," in German. This is the single greatest name ever; next band, seriously.

Triviality aside: I've come to talk to you about Catholicism.

I'm not going to rant off my grievances against the religion, those are not relevant and you've all heard them before from other people, but suffice to say I have never gotten along with the epitome of organized religion. Given my general distaste for said religion's politics and its figurehead / spokesman / policy-maker, Popey McPopesalot, I find myself in the moral bind of wanting the pope to die and yes I know that they just get a replacement, but that's like two to five years of a pope-less world, two to five years!

Obviously that's not the most progressive thing to be feeling. Virulent disgust for a person and the views they proselytize is not a good reason to wish them death. At the same time I think of a world without a well respected figure giving the usual rants against family planning (which leads to lower female independence, higher poverty rates, and more world hunger, among other things), homosexual rights ("I'm not homophobic, I just don't think they should have the same rights I do,"), and the right to die and I get just feel better about them kicking the bucket
///Okay, can anyone explain how, "kick the bucket," came to mean dying?.///
Yeah, I know that there are other people that espouse the same views, but those people don't have a billion people hanging on every word.

Long story short (aren't all blog posts long stories short?): I despise the pope, but I feel bad about hoping he dies. I suppose I'm looking for rationalizations because I can't think of any good ones.

-Thomas

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know that when the cow kicks the bucket that you just filled with her milk you're gonna get killed by paw.

3:19 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Did you have any contact with a wishbone recently? Or perhaps a birthday candle? Mayhaps a shooting star? Been pulling eyelashes?

He's dead, and it's all your fault.

4:07 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

What makes it worse is he died at 1337 (1:37 PM) Central, which is when I actually finished and posted, give or take about thirty seconds. I'm going straight to hell.

-Thomas

7:47 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger Greg said...

in h4x3r t4lk, 1337 spells leet means elite.

8:50 PM, April 05, 2005  
Blogger ssas said...

Popey McPopesalot.

You're crackin me up, Tomboy.

6:05 PM, April 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home