Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hole Dug, Wishing it was Deeper

Somebody asked if I would and so I will. Interesting, no?

I'm here to complain about price inflation.

There's a delicious middle-eastern cafe right off the St. Paul campus - we'll leave it nameless - that makes delicious fries, delicious gyros, pita sandwhiches, kabobs, and I'm told they even make a good cheese burger (why you'd by a cheeseburger at a place that makes killer falafel is beyond me). I would frequent there during spring semester becuase you could get a mind-numingly good lunch for less than six dollars including an order of those god-sent french fries.

I returned there yesterday, only to be dismayed to discover that prices had jumped a good two dollars over the summer. I stood there in disbelief, numb from the horror. I got my food anyway, but I was mortified.

I understand gouging progressive people for, "exotic," food, but for the love of god, was business so good that now I get charged nearly a third more for lunch?

I guess times are tougher than I realize.

-Thomas

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

"IS tougher", Tom, IS. Times never ARE tougher, they's always IS tougher.

4:50 PM, September 14, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

No, that would be, "time is tough," but as, "times," is clearly a plural, it get's an, "are." This ain't no, "everybody," bullshit.

-Thomas

12:49 PM, September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home