Saturday, February 25, 2006

I Thought I Was Dead to You, But Now You've Got Me Turning in My Grave

"I thought it was slit to the throat, but is was just a close shave."

I love Doomtree, so fucking much.

It's quite odd, but the happier I am, the less death concerns me. It seems sort of silly to say, but I just don't fear dying as much. That's not to say I want to kill myself or have gone crazy reckless (well, no more than usual), rather I'm more comfortable with the knowledge that I could die today, tommorow, or in the next three seconds. I guess I view it this way: when I'm depressed I feel like I've wated my life, which irritates me to no end. As opposed to when I'm happy, life seems to be excellent, without significant problems and, therefore, I can die knowing full well that I have gotten something good from a universe that has no reason to exist.

Woo-hoo! Nhilism!

-Thomas

5 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

For some reason death doesn't really concern me, which is going to make it all the more spontaneous when a truck hits me as I walk across the street.

Bjxvo! (A childrens toy with a terrible, terrible marketing campaign.)

1:59 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger T Kwong said...

I was always saw you taking biting the dust via a vicious duck attack. I mean all those years of mocking their species can't be good for you.

Burnorxq! Burnorxq is a little-known, but highly influential industrial band. Many blame their tragic and deadly chainsaw duel with the members of Throbbing Gristel for the band's seperation.

-Thomas

2:04 PM, February 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know you're happy to die when your with me!!! : )


ermm.....

5:35 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger marie said...

Cotard's Syndrome?

12:37 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Nah, Cotard's means I think I'm dead and want to die. I don't want to die, I'm just even more comfortable with the knowledge that I will die at some point.

-Thomas

12:57 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home