Tuesday, April 25, 2006

You All Need and Choose Your Own Lie

My lack of posting has more been caused by insane business and then a lack of inspiration when I have the time. so instead of giving you real life Thomas, where if I continue to ramble long after my point has been made or I have nothing to say, I thought I'd use the convenience of the medium and edit out one of my more obnoxious flaws.

Ahem.

I have, of late, been losing patience with everything. I feel like I can't get myself to, "think globally," if you will. I'm sure that doesn't make a lick of sense since I don't really understand it and I wrote it. I guess the best way to think of it is I'm tired of working for that better tomorrow. Sudan genocide? Yeah, that's important, but I'm having problems dredging up the outrage and concern I used to. Human rights abuse in China? Tell me one I haven't heard before. It's a sort of weariness of the world's ills; a sort of giving in to the inevitable doom of humanity. Maybe it's the continuous tide of idiots, maybe it's the endless deluge of problems I can't do anything about, maybe it's that I feel like no matter what I want to accomplish, I can't alter the foolishness that awaits us all, or maybe I just really want to curl up with a bottle of Russian goodness with the new Tool album blaring into my skull.

It's not apathy, it's a wish for the problems of the universe to cease hassling me, at least for the time being, but even with a hazy idea of why I feel so exhausted by the world, I find myself reading the BBC, working on news stories, and ranting and raving about how much I hate the administration. So, maybe there's some hope for me after all.

Remember, republicans are destroying the environment. Earth day is very important.

-Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home