Thursday, November 03, 2005

The War Won't Stop, for the Love of God

Metric is the jam-monster.

Yesterday was national walkout day, just in case you don't look at that news thing or regularly visit a college campus. The whole idea is let's all leave class at the same time and then go protest Bush and the War and all that stuff. Me? Nah I didn't participate, I try to be constructive with my protests.

I don't think it's going to stop kids. I don't think enough people will care if congress announces that the case for Iraq was non-existant. I don't think the majority of Americans will figure it out, hell 50% don't know who Karl Rove is, let alone why there's these news stories about some chick named Valaire or know if something illegal might have happened (for the record, I think the spy thing is a stupid law to begin with). I don't think most people realize how vigourously conservative Alito is. I don't think it will matter how many times prison abuse will come, people won't figure anything out. I don't think it matters how many reports of attempted suicide, hunger strikes, and what not before people stop believing it's all part of terrorist training. I don't think it'll matter how messy it gets because nothing will happen.

Yeah, we're fighting the war, but it's not going to stop. Sucks doesn't it?

-Thomas

5 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

Someone sounds a bit cynical... GO have a Mallomar or something.

12:44 PM, November 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but the reason it is illegal to expose a CIA Operative isn't for the protection of the spy so much as it is for the protection of all the people who work with the spy. The CIA Agent will be long gone safe at home, but suddenly all those people seen hanging out with the spy... well, the bad guys put two and two together.

4:39 PM, November 08, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

I understand that part of it, but it's very close to a State Secrets law, and I'm not a big fan of that.

Besides, the rationale given more frequently is, "the spy's life in danger; oh noz!"

8:27 AM, November 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... State Secrets are creepy. Creeeepy. Whatever happened to the good old days of government and spying, where doing bad things was illegal no matter who you were, and the CIA just chose to risk it and break the law when it thought it had no other choice.

Now we make it legal and hide it.

12:24 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

That's how we roll, sucka!

-Thomas

12:15 PM, November 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home