Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Innocent Holiday or Occult Celebration

I still don't know exactly why I do this. Sure, I can say it's my way of manifesting and dispensing with my loose, rambling thoughts that I used to pour into my best friend, but that doesn't reeeally get at the heart of the matter. I could just as easily go back to just writing bad poetry. Yes, Citizen Blog is in questionable status. I feel like a tolitarian state, questioning the existence of one of its members because I cannot explain it to myself. I feel like I started this because to comment on my buddy Jack's blog and then rationalized writing my own because, hell, surely somebody would find this interesting; surely my view-points are just as invaluable as the the person I just saw in the magical fairy land of NextBlog.

I guess I figured, like most people, that this thing would become a bouncing pile of dust, one I would stumble over one evening and laugh at myself over (CD's I, "released," in freshman year of highschool come to mind as a good comparission).

On a related note: this is the perspective on why people should blog that I agree with.

-Thomas

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

He happened to be an anti-dog legislator! Significant! Significant!

I write for a coupla reasons:

1. Got nothing better to do.
2. Allows me sort of to keep up with people without having to put any real concerted effort into it.
3. Get to practice writing or whatever it is you'd call it.
4. Again, I've got nothing better to do. Seriously, you have no idea the void that is my life right now.
5. I like for people to pretend like I'm funny or clever.

Though I would probably keep writing if no one read, for some reason. It's kind of nice to just sit back and write some dumb shit and not have it be for anything. If you don't feel like doing it, don't. If you do, do. Whatevs.

10:40 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger T Kwong said...

It's strange I feel compelled to. It's like that pinball machine you know you'll never beat the top score with, but you keep dumping quarters/tokens into the damn thing anyway.

-Thomas

10:43 AM, October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home