Saturday, January 06, 2007

Let's Talk Royalty Structures

I bike a lot, but I didn't used to, especially in the winter. Back in the day I would walk or bus pretty much everywhere. This was fine with me because I had time to read or listen to music, it was great. Since I started biking this hasn't really been possible. I mean, sure I could read while I bike, but I don't really see that as a viable alternative to living. Listening to music while I ride is sort of mixed bag. I know people that do it, and I'd be lying if I said I'd never done it, but I'm afraid of dying. I just have this thing about wanting to hear things as they approach or something. Yeah, it's pretty whinny of me, but that's how it goes. Anyway, the end result of all of this is my life is a little less well-read and music-ridden than before. This makes me sad.

So what's a bike hooligan to do? My latest attempt to save myself is to listen to my object of shame under my headset at my tech-support job. So far that's worked pretty well. The one downside is that I tend to worry about how loud my music is. I always worry about customers hearing it and wondering what's going on. I mean, I know I'm still giving them the same amount of attention as I would if I had music on or not, but they don't know that. So far there's been no problems except for a couple of days ago when I was listening to Dessa and out of no where, she (the customer) started singing everything "Everything Floats" while she was waiting for me to process her account.

To say I freaked out is misleading because it implies I was far less terrified than I was.

Aside from that there haven't been any problems and it's definitely made work that much more bearable. I still haven't figured how to get my reading back (I miss you too, crappy weekly papers!), but who knows. I guess I can make time out of my non-transportation time to to read them or something. Still, I used to pace my trips on how much of the Onion I could get through, so that's sort of sad. Albeit, it wasn't a very accurate system, especially on trips that went longer than one issue, but I still miss it. Myabe I should just convert to the Jack system of measurements. Wait, that doesn't work either. I guess I doomed to measuring things in time traveled without having a difficult to compare measuring system. Stupid time.

-Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home